Sunday, August 5, 2007

My New Obsession

I barely know what to do with myself now that I've got a faster internet connection. Pictures upload in seconds as opposed to the 30 minutes to an hour that it took with dial-up. Yep. It was a pitiful situation...especially for someone who spends a good portion of her time uploading photos to various places online. I'm so thrilled right now. :-)

But anyway, you may have noticed a style of tunic that has shown up a few times in the shop. This is one of my new favorite garments to create. Just so simple and...cool!







The idea for these came back in January of 2005. I was preparing to go to Houston, Tx to see Lizz Wright in concert (simply beautiful). Well, I couldn't think of what I was gonna pack to wear to the concert. Then it came to me. I'm forever throwing something together to wear at the last minute by cutting up, painting on, revamping something in my closet. Well, Someone had given me a tan, stretchy polyester skirt with long slits up the sides. I knew I'd never wear it...as a skirt anyway. So, of course, I turned it into a top. There wasn't really any sewing. I simply painted an ankh on it, found a piece of material to tie around, and a new concept was born:



(Sorry for the blurry photo...this was taken at my old place before the green walls and before my improved automatic photo taking skills)


It wasn't until this year that I decided to expand on the idea. I personally am in love, so expect to see more. I'm (mentally) working on new styles for colder weather. We'll see what I come up with. ;-)









No comments: