Saturday, August 11, 2007

Time To Let Go

Woooooooooooooooo!!! Lately I've been having all sorts of ideas concerning a new approach I've been spiritually prompted to take in regards to my work. So, so, so much going on inside my head! When it first came to me, I went through a few days of confusion and anxiety. The other day I lollygagged around this apartment aaaaaalllll day doing absolutely nothing. It's like I was afraid to touch my sewing machine, any fabric, thread, scissors, anything cause I just was so..........uncertain! I have this feeling every once and a while, but find it hard to explain. I thought my head was gonna explode yesterday. Seriously.

I also have spells of, "O.k. some of this has to go." Currently I find myself in this mood. Last week I got the urge to through away my huge bin of fabric scraps. For me that's big, cause I keep that thing filled with random fabric pieces that I use for various projects such as this and this
I love my scraps, mayne! Some of 'em date back to '02 and bring back memories. But. Gotta listen to "the voice". Make room for the new. In addition, I've been moved to just get rid of stuff. It's not like I have a lot of 'stuff', but some of the items in my living space are just buggin' me.

So anyway, earlier today I marked a lot of items in my shop down by 50%. I just love 'em to life, but they're so ready to be released into the world.

Like what, you ask? Well there's this top:


Dating back to November '06. This one really makes me smile. I was very pleased with the entire 3-piece collection that it's a part of. The dress now belongs to someone in Switzerland (and I hope she's enjoying it :-). What's left is this blouse and the skirt. That green material is just perfect.

What else?

Oh, there's the Rafeeka Pencil Skirt:


Now, brown is my color. It makes up the majority of my personal wardrobe..in one shade or another. I think I'm gonna start wearing more high waisted skirts. I really like 'em. I felt great in this one. Oh, then there's the sold skirt and currently available dress that matches. Fall with a nice touch of summer :-).

Speakin' of summer....the weatherbug on my desktop is dinging giving me notice of a heat advisory. A red '100' is blinking down in the task bar. Yes, weatherbug, I know it's HOT. I appreciate cha lookin' out for me though. ;-)

peace

2 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Love your Etsy store and am so excited to find the blog to go with it!

Great sales you have going on too! :)

Unknown said...

(this is so late, but)

thanks! :-D