Sunday, September 2, 2007

Green Goodness

Ok...back to the clothes sometime this week. (I have a cute dress I wanna show y'all)

But for today I just have to share this beautifully delicious salad I made.

It haaaaas...... red leaf lettuce, green cabbage, cucumber, carrots, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes, broccoli, onion, garlic, parsley, fresh lime juice, a little pure, cold- pressed, unrefined olive oil, and a (large) pinch of cayenne pepper.

Maaaaan, was it good! I was gonna make tahini dressing but decided against it. A good tahini dressing can really set it over the top, but I'm always satisfied with nothing but lime juice. I don't even need olive oil. If I have some I'll use it, though, to help keep the insides right. ;-)

Natural, holistic food and holistic health and wellness in general are other passions of mine. It's just the goodness. For real. :-)

5 comments:

narcissaqtpie said...

I'm on a salad kick right now and this sounds extra-delish!

Unknown said...

yes. it was wonderful. made another with avocado. mmmmm.....

Livecreations said...

that looks lovely, wish i could eat it... right now....

Jewelry Rockstar said...

I love an avocado, cucumber, and tomato salad with a little lime juice and hot sauce. Yummy!!!!



http://jewelryrockstar.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

That would be soooo good if it had some Salmon in it and Caesar dressing on it...Mmmm Mmm, lol. Looks good as it is though, very healthy.