Tuesday, July 17, 2007

School Days

Ancestral Delight: $40 in the shop!

When I was in elementary school I had this green floral print babydoll dress that I just adored so much. I wore it often cause there was something about how I felt when I was in it. I guess I can describe the feeling as 'grown-up' or 'womanish' or something like that :-) Me and that top were a force to be reckoned with. Who knew that I would grow up to be a designer of clothing and that babydoll dresses would be one of my most favorite things to create? I'm certain that the joy I get out of creating one of these stems from my experience with the green floral top I wore back in the day.

I was in Atlanta recently and noticed that a lot of girls were wearing short babydoll style dresses. I asked my girl Attallah was this a new trend. See, cause I create clothing but I'm sooo out of the loop when it comes to mainstream fashion. I'm just not up on it. Well, she informed me that these dresses were the new 'it' fashion item, which I think is pretty cool. The babydoll dress will always be a staple in my clothing design endeavors. So simple, so fly. :-)